Under the Privacy Act ‘Personal information’ is defined as 'information which is can be used to identify an individual.' Due to the senstive and often confidential nature of the cosmetics industry, we are committed to upholding the privacy of our customers and ensuring the security of any information that may identify or expose an individual. Furthermore, we are committed to complying with the Privacy Act (1988) and the Spam Act (2003).
This policy applies to Avention Global and its subsidiaries, of which My Fillerina is a member, as set out below.
What we collect
We collect personal information to enable us to provide our services. We also collect a broad range of non-personal information. Some of the information we collect includes:
- contact information (such as address details and telephone numbers) of healthcare providers and their patients,
- contact information and payment information (such as bank account and credit card details) for our customers, users and subscribers,
- information pertaining to products and services ordered from us and their use,
- statistical and demographic information.
Collection of information
We may collect information about you:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information to us via orders for products or services, the completion of online forms, subscriptions to our newsletter, responses to surveys, and provision of corrected or updated information,
- from related companies of Avention Global,
- from third parties, such as State Government departments & their respective agencies, the Royal Australian College of Surgeons and other publicly available information (ie from newspaper advertisements and editorials).
If you provide data to us which includes personal information of another, you must first obtain consent from that person. By providing that information to us, you represent that you have obtained such consent.
We collect information on our own behalf and on behalf of others. Where we collect information on behalf of others, we require that they comply with the appropriate provisions of the Privacy Act (1988), to maintain our own compliance with contemporary Australian privacy laws.
We may engage third parties to provide services to us, which may include collecting and processing personal information on our behalf. We also require that such third parties comply with the aforementioned Australian privacy laws.
Use and Disclosure
At My Fillerina, we will only use personal information for the provision of medical technology information services for our subscribers, customers and consumers, which are held to the highest medical and healthcare industry standards. As stated previously, not all of the information collected and held by us will be personal information.
My Fillerina may use information about you to:
- provide products and services to you
- verify your identity
- administer and manage products and services provided to you, including charging, billing, account management, and debt collection
- perform administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring and staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research)
- provide you with news and information, as well as promote and market products, services and special offers made available by us, our related companies and third parties (unless you ask us not to) (subject to any prohibitions in our contracts with third parties)
- generate records and reports based on your use of our services
- conduct research about our products and services
- develop products and services
- respond to any specific request you make of us
- prevent or investigate any fraud or crime (or a suspected fraud or crime)
- audit and monitor the services we provide.
We may disclose information about you to:
- your authorised representatives and agents
- our agents, contractors and third party service providers to enable them to provide administrative and other services for or to us
- our customers and subscribers as part of a product or service offered by us
- third parties to enable them to provide you with news and information and to promote and market products, services and special offers (unless you ask us not to)
- others where the disclosure is required by law, for example, to government agencies and regulatory bodies as part of our statutory obligations, or for law enforcement purposes
- an organisation that acquires all or part of our assets or businesses.
We may also use or disclose information about you where:
- we have obtained your consent, or
- we have obtained the information from another party (eg a hospitals website) for a specified purpose, or as required by relevant laws, statutes, regulations, codes and external payment systems.
Please note that, where you provide information to My Fillerina, you consent to the use and disclosure of that information in accordance with this Policy.
We collect information from publicly available sources such as the Official College of your profession in each State and Territory. Your use of this information must be in accordance with the rules set down by the relevant information provider. These rules are contained in the terms and conditions of your contract with us. The information provider’s rules may be amended from time to time and therefore so too will the terms of your contract.
When we provide personal information to our customers and subscribers as part of a product or service offered by us, we require them:
- to never use personal information for direct marketing
- to comply with all third party use restrictions (which are set out in the terms and conditions of your contract with us where the personal information is collected by a third party and provided to us
- to comply with the Privacy Act.
My Fillerina is committed to ensuring the security of our websites, and we incorporate security practices and procedures which we consider are consistent with Australian industry standards. We review our security procedures from time to time and update them when relevant. All orders placed online using a credit card are covered by SSL security technology to protect customer details.
Each time you visit one of our websites, web servers may collect certain information including your IP address, the date, time and duration of your visit and the pages, documents and services accessed. We use these non-personalised statistics about the use of our websites to continually improve our websites and customer service, and to create aggregated data and data products regarding the healthcare industry or product trends that we may provide to third parties.
We may also use (and may engage third parties to use) this information to help improve and tailor our websites, and to select advertisements that may be displayed to you on our websites.
Our websites contain links to the websites of third parties. If you access those third party websites they may collect information about you. You will need to contact them to ascertain their privacy standards. We are not responsible for the conduct of the operators of third party websites.
- determine whether you have previously accessed our websites
- identify the pages you have accessed
- aid in the security of your use of our Avention Global websites
- aid in the log-in process
- facilitate administration of Avention Global websites.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies but you may configure your browser not to accept them. If you set your browser to reject cookies you may not be able to make full use of our websites.
We cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet. We recommend that you take all necessary precautions to protect your personal information while you are online, including installing appropriate operating system updates, browser updates, virus protection software and firewall software.
Credit card details
If you provide us with your credit card details for payment of products and services, we will only use that information for the purpose of processing your payment, which includes disclosing the information to our third party credit card gateway provider. We will retain a record of the last 4 digits of your credit card number for auditing and verification purposes only.
Access to information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information about you that we collect, use or disclose is accurate.
You may request access to personal information that we hold about you. Before providing you with access to the personal information that we hold about you, we may require that you first provide us with documentary evidence verifying your identity and proof of ownership. Subject to us being satisfied with such verifying documents, we will only refuse a request for access to personal information when permitted by law (including the National Privacy Principles) and, in the unlikely event that this occurs, will give a written explanation for our decision. We will not charge you a fee for your access request but may charge you the reasonable cost of processing your request.
If you would like to request access to the information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details below).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may event you from taking full advantage of the website.
If, at any time, you do not wish to receive marketing correspondence or email newsletters from us, please advise our Privacy Officer, and we will cease future correspondence and, if requested, remove your personal information from our marketing database.
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent (unless we are otherwise allowed or required by law to collect that information). The Privacy Act defines the expression “Sensitive information’ It includes information about your health, your race or ethnic origin and religious beliefs.
If you have a complaint about our treatment of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details below). Our Privacy Officer will investigate your complaint and endeavour to resolve any issue to your satisfaction.
If we do not adequately answer your concerns, you have the right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 50/23 Narabang Way, Belrose, NSW, 2085.
Please provide us with your full name, address and contact number when contacting our Privacy Officer.